<VV> Club Success Strategies

Mark Aksamit mark at myverderealtor.com
Mon Oct 29 12:13:58 EST 2007

How and why has the basic nature of the local clubs changed over the past
30-40 years?? Here are some basic thoughts on the dynamics of the local
club.

1. Age Ratio. 20-30 years ago members were in the 20-50 year old group.
These same members are now 40-80 years old.
2. Desire. At 80 years old can we really expect a member to be as involved
as they were at 50??
3. Comfort. Why drive the drafty, noisy ol Vair to the meeting when the
Buick Sedan is much more comfortable??
4. Youngblood. The clubs that have succeeded at involving younger members
may have a better chance of not stagnating.
5. Subsidizing New Members. Are we willing to offer incentives to new
members such as a free one year membership and the like??
6. Technical Assistance. Will the club aid and assist fellow members with
tech support and or actual mechanical assistance?? Will I be there to help?
7. Money Raising Efforts. Can the club offer creative ways to generate
income outside of club dues?

This is by no means an exhaustive list!
What has your club done to remain a viable organization?
Please respond with your thoughts on what it takes to make a club work.

Thank You!

Mark Aksamit e-Pro, GRI
REALTORR

VERDE VALLEY HOMES AND LAND