<VV> Club Success Strategies

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 15:12:40 EST 2007

I don't want to start a discussion on who got and who didn't get the Communique, but did you see the "Turn at the Wheel" column in the November Communique? One of my favorite CORSA directors (and all around nice guy)?wrote about the status of the chapters and what might be done to help increase membership. It's a great read and I hope every chapter will find some info helpful in increasing membership. I know I can hardly wait to see what he's going to write about next...

Here in Wichita, Kansas we encourage our members to drive their cars by having a 'friendly' competition, earlies versus lates. The winner is recognized in the newsletter. Our youngest member is a senior(?) in HS and our oldest members are, lets just say, retired. We've never collected age info, AFAIK, but I'd guess the average age is around 50.

We also have 3 "Tunas" every year, where we work on our cars and help others. The last Tuna, Luna Tuna two weeks ago was attended by folks from Tulsa, OKC, KC and even Dallas, TX, all more than 2 hours away (Dallas is 500 miles away). We've been do this for so long, we have to get Corvairs from surrounding chapters to work on.

We have t-shirts and have ordered collared shirts with the club logo. We are planning to have hats and window stickers soon. Most of this stuff we sell very close to cost. We have hosted a weekend Roundup, which did bring in some extra cash.

Ned