<VV> '61 Monza Brakes

Kent Duncan kent_duncan at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 21:07:10 EST 2007

With every new question I feel more like the newbie I
am...

I'm trying to rebuild the brakes on a '61 Monza.  I've
replaced the wheel cylinders, hoses, and a couple of
lines, and rebuilt the master cylinder.  I've bled the
brakes well enough to achieve a solid stream of fluid
at all four corners, but the system still won't
"pressurize"--the pedal goes to the floor every time.

I pulled the now-rebuilt master cylinder apart to see
what I might find, and it seemed like everything was
in order, so I reassembled and re-installed.  No
difference.  Next, I transferred the rebuild kit
components to a second master cylinder off a parts
car.  Still no change.  Three strikes and I'm out of
ideas.

Suggestions?  Thanks!

Kent Duncan