<VV> trouble spots on early convertibles

Shaun McGarvey shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 30 19:30:10 EST 2007

Probably the first spot to check is the battery  box, over the battery.
Look for bubbles between the rear bumper and rear grille.
Bottoms of front fenders.
Bottom corners of doors.
Then there's 4 vertical rubber weatherstrips that seal the rear of the front
wheelhouses and the front of the rear wheelhouses. These strips degrade,
hold water and rust out vertical strips on the front fenders just ahead of
the "Monza" emblems and over the rear wheels just aft of the center of the
wheel.
Over the headlights, where the fender joins to the trunk.
There are a few more spots, but if you're all clear so far, even if the rest
is junk, I'd pay $2000+.
For $1000 I'd tolerate a few small patches of rust, but the rest would need
to be able to be brought back into service with cleaning and lubing. I'd
expect to replace the top too.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun