<VV> flood help

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 00:21:02 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/31/2007 8:45:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tedradick at thecourier.com writes:

Obviously I'll hose out the engine compartment and change the oil/trans
fluid and plug/coil wires. Anyone else have this experience that can help?

Mark the distributor and pull it out to thoroughly dry it out (and return it
to the same spot). The plug wires will survive. But they have to be clean and
dry to reinstall. Going through the carbs is a good plan. If almost all of the
water is out of the inside of the motor, when fresh oil is pumped through
that will pretty much clean it out. When the engine gets up to real operating
temp, the water will boil off. Keep an eye on the condition of the oil. If after
the first replacement, the oil starts to look like thin brown mayonaise - time
for a second change. The oil, when churned up, will hold some of the water in
suspension - and take it through the motor. Not good. I'd just drop the pan
on the PG, and then top it up. Sorry about the flooding. - Seth Emerson