<VV> Now the BS from BW is on the WEB

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 1 03:34:34 EDT 2007

While I don't normally cross-post, I felt this deserved it.  My apologies to
those on both lists.

The stupidity came up as a story to read on my sbc/yahoo home page tonight.

The link is:
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/103430/Revenge-of-the-Nerd-Cars

The headline is "Revenge of the Nerd Cars"

It looks as if the BW mixed some information.  That is, they started with
"Ugly", but ended up talking about "design" and put Corvair in the design
group without any distinction and without recognizing that it was (styling
wise) copied world wide.  The "design" comments made had to do with Mr.
Nader's somewhat overstretched (shall we say erroneous?) Corvair comments in
his book on auto safety.  The author (of the BW article) also stated that he
rode in one and that they were all death traps.

Matador, Pacer, and Pinto were 1, 2, 3 rated as "ugliest of automotive
beasts".  Personally, there are a few I would put ahead of the group - but
Pacer might or might not still make the top 3.  The thing with that car was
(to my mind), how big is the AC unit and how much HP does it take to drive
it?

There is an inset which provides a link to "The World's Ugliest Cars".  One
of them is a black EM vert and comments made such as "unsafe, unsafe,
unsafe".

There is a place to leave comments and I know that some already have.  Guess
what!  I could not even find those comments.  Why?  Maybe I don't know how
to search them or maybe they only hold (show) them for a short time?

My opinion (if it counts), send a note to McKeel Hagerty - purportedly (per
the article if you feel you can trust the information) the CEO of Hagerty
Insurance.

Later, JR
CCE CORVANANTICS CORSA member
PROUD OWNER OF:
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)