<VV> Fuel injection question

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 20:35:03 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/1/2007 5:31:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

One  thing I did find out today was that If I were to buy a new ECU
from  an parts store, and they do sell them, it would not work until I
installed it and then took the car (get it towed) to a chevy dealer
to 'flash' the ECU. Apparently they come blank from the  manufacturer.
The charge for flashing the ECU I assume would be over  $100.00. I
can't imagine that it would be any less. If I'm going to  put that
much money into the ECU, I'll be buying a MegaSquirt unit.  The other
option if I were to use a Cavalier ECU would be to  purchase it from a
salvage yard. That 's a possibility. I went to  uneedapart.com. This
is a nationwide network of salvage yards. They  will give you a price
including shipping. I'm getting prices from  $50 bucks up to $100 for
the Z24 unit which was the 2.4 liter engine  I believe. There is of
course no way to test and make sure the unit  is good until it is
installed.

I'm leaning towards the  MegaSquirt unit.

-Cash

On Aug 31, 2007, at 12:02 PM, Ray  Fuenzalida wrote:

> Please keep detailed records and document  everything for how this
> works.  It could be an interesting  upgrade on existing Corvairs out
> there.
> Ray
> New  Orleans

Why not use the Fiero system if you can find one.  Craig Nicol has  them on
his rigs and appears very satisfied with it.

Scotty from Hollyweird