<VV> Fire and Ice

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 23:40:52 EDT 2007

The event was GREAT! The Iowa folks put on another fine event. The weather
was about as close to perfect as it could have been.

There were about 30 drivers. Long distance was Tim Verthein from MN, beat  me
by 30 miles again. Scott Trunkhill hauled the Beef car just over 1000 miles
to play.

As with any Corvair event, the visiting with friends is a big part of the
fun. This event was no exception.

Several father/son and husband/wife competitions made for some interesting
trash talking. I also noticed the trash talking between "race team" members was
 much more intense that what they were giving the other teams. The big team
winner was the GoNed race team, FTD/1st in CC (Tim Malher, hey he was wearing
the shirt), 1st in SM (me), 3rd in SM (Jim Dallas). The Beef team (WTBRT)
picked  up 2nd in SM. Chuck and his two sons of the PRO race team all picked up
ribbons.  And Daddyo cat, Tim V of the Hepcats took home a first place in his
stock  class.

Next year will be the tenth Fire and Ice and they are planning to make it a
special event. You can sign me up NOW!

Ned  Madsen
CORSA Central Division Director
MCCA President for Life