<VV> Fire and Ice

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Sun Sep 2 21:22:42 EDT 2007

Trust me,  this little 6 tenths of a mile kart track is not
addicting.........I've only run it 9 times with the Iowa Corvair
Enthusiasts.  I missed the first year.
    I took my dad along to let him drive the #3 car.   He did not do as well
as he did 2 years ago,  but he still had a good time.   The competition
amongst every one present was just great.  Laid back yet intense.    Ned
Madsen vs Jim Dallas vs Scott Trunkhill  then Chuck Armer upset the apple
cart by finding the go pedal and leapfrogging into second. Connie ran her
second autocross,  this time without cones or sand.  The purple convertible
did fine although she lost to her friend.   Every class had some type of
competition going on,  family members against family members,  or just year
to year rivalries.  It is just great fun.
Dusty Bradley kept me on my toes,  as did a few others in CC class.   But
not as much pressure as I put on myself.   I stuggle staying on the edge of
my seat,  came close on my last run so felt better.  Unfortunately,  I
missed my best time by 3 thousands of a second,  still a tenth of a second
slower than Michael leveque in his street yenko and 2 and half seconds
slower than the Roe car.  Both were my targets this year,  at least one is
achievable, based on my last single lap time.  I have a few things to
fix/adjust on the car,  the rest is just keeping the fire under my seat.
    Dusty and Jim Dallas,  amongst others,  will do that next year I'm sure.
Will need to get more seat time before than.

The bench racing before and after the event was also great.   Hard to beat
good friends, good food, and good tall tales.

tim mahler
#3 goodwrench