<VV> Electric Fuel Pumps vs Diaphragm

Ron ronh at owt.com
Sun Sep 2 00:27:10 EDT 2007

I've had one diaphragm pump fail on the road in the last 25 years.  I'm
presently runnung three Corvairs and would take them anywhere.  Today we did
a parade in a town about 1 1/2 hours away and I even forgot to take my
"spares" kit.  My '75 olds used to fail a fuel pump about every two years.
The Corvairs are doing a lot better than that.  Electric pumps fail also and
the stock pumps are a lot easier to change.  I see absolutely no reason to
switch to electrics.
RonH