<VV> Fuel injection question

frank_180 at netzero.net frank_180 at netzero.net
Sun Sep 2 18:12:35 EDT 2007

I built a megasquirt II and used in in my 87 gmc jimmy when i put a tuned port injection 350 in it. i also used the ford EDIS system to replace the distributer while i was at it. the only problem i had was when i changed the fuel pump to a high pressure pump there was a piece of fluff in the pickup sock that would clogg the screen of the pump inlet after about half a mile let it sit for 30 seconds and it would run great for anouther couple of blocks and die I spent several weeks trying to track that down. i was fixed in thinking it was a megesquirt problem but i was wrong. i am currently building another one for my 66 the plan is to get the engine up and running on carbs then add throttle body injection, then add distributerless ignition and then get rid of the (2 or 4) throttle bodies and add the turbo and change to port injection with intercoolers and a knock sensor.