<VV> flood help part 2

Ted Radick tedradick at thecourier.com
Mon Sep 3 20:51:24 EDT 2007

As usual the Corvair community comes through. Thanks for everyone's quick
response and ideas -- I'd probably have overlooked the wheel bearings, for
instance. Lots of folks in my neighborhood have stopped by and commiserated
on the state of my "Corsair" (oh well, at least they mean well). An update:
I pulled the entire interior and it's been hosed down -- seats, carpets,
panels, etc. -- and sprayed with antimicrobial solution to prevent mold and
mildew. I drained about three and a half gallons of oil and water from the
oil pan!  The transmission is the next step. I might be in touch with some
of you further as specific questions arise, but I want to again thank
everyone who responded with their invaluable advice.