<VV> Mechanical and electric fuel pumps

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Sep 4 10:34:43 EDT 2007

>Timing is everything....Just got a new pump from clarks, drained the oil pan last nite. Filled 2 >gal juggs with gas diluted oil. Have no intention of converting to electric; first failure on 10 >plus cars since 1972. I find the attached interesting, never heard of the mentioned valve >failing. Think I'll tear the old one down to see what I find...>>Phil>66 Corsa/2 converts>62 Monza Wagons/2>64 700 (with a new fuel Pump!)

By far the number one Corvair fuel pump failure.
First thing everyone does when looking at a Corvair fuel pump is to push the actuating
pin firmly down on something ... To see if it 'oinks' ... If it does, it is good, if not, one of
the spring valves is out.  I did see one that had a blade of grass keeping the valve from
seating once.

Ken Pepke