<VV> Turbo Carb 8600 Feet Above sea level

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:24:20 EDT 2007

Gino, if the carb has been recently rebuilt with a new needle/seat and fuel
is coming out into the air cleaner, I would suspect that you have too much
fuel pressure. The YH carburetor can only handle 3 or 4 psi. If you are
using an electric fuel pump, you may need one that is less powerful. An
external fuel pressure regulator could be used as well. The YH carburetor is
a sid-draft, so you may see a "mist" of fuel occasionally in the air
cleaner, but there should not be very much - just enough to smell it.

The next step should be: test the fuel pressure at the carburetor inlet.

After that check/adjust the float level.

Let us know how that goes, if that doesn't solve the problem we will come up
with some more suggestions.

Good luck,
Lonny