<VV> computer geek help needed (no Corvair)

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 6 11:08:30 EDT 2007

Well, my machine is acting up lately again. Need some thoughts from the
computer geeks that might know what the problem is with it.

Background - it's a custom built, no-brand machine. Ever since day-one,
it's had a nasty glitch in it that even the builder couldn't fix. It was
built with a new motherboard and processor.

The glitch is that every so often, out of the clear blue, with ABSOLUTELY
no warning whatsoever, it will suddenly shut down and restart, as if I had
just hit the restart button. This can and has happened at any time, from
mid-startup to after hours of running. It can and often does happen several
times in succession, no given time in between crashes. God help you if
you're in the middle of a laborous task and haven't saved!

Anyway, any thoughts as to the cause will be greatly appreciated, offline
prefered, of course. Thanks much, all!

-Mark

airvair at earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.