<VV> computer geek help (no corvair)

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Sep 7 08:51:22 EDT 2007

You didn't mention potential power spikes. Living here in rural MD, I
found my power fluctuated enough daily to drop my computer (and certain
sensitive digital clocks, but not others!) a couple times a day,
particularly in the summer. A $100 UPS (uninterrupted power supply)
completely solved this for me... and I still hear the "alarm" that it's
kicking in almost once daily. It also "smooths" out the power supply to
the PC.

I have a larger 800 unit (running my PC, monitor, wireless hub, router,
and cable modem), but this is all you'd need for a  basic pc and monitor:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7424575&st=apc&type=product&id=1122655672527

Bill