<VV> computer geek help

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Sep 7 09:00:38 EDT 2007

I use a UPS to smooth out the power company dropouts. They work great.
They can pay for themselves if they prevent computer damage from the
power line. You can just buy one with enough watts to run the computer
box, especially if you have a crt monitor. When the power goes off and
the screen is dark, just remember the Windows shut off routine:

Windows key, U key, U key will shut off a Windows (XP Home) system
without you seeing the monitor.

Pushing the power button to shut off can drop file fragments onto the
hard drive. Computer geeks can give more correct info on this problem.

Frank DuVal