<VV> Carb questions- cleaning and technical

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Sat Sep 8 16:51:03 EDT 2007

Greetings all,

     I have two separate carb question for you today pertaining to my 65' Corsa 140 coupe.

First, what is the best way to get old carbs looking nice at home?  I'm young, impatient, and broke so keep it simple!  I've put a lot of work into dressing this engine up so I'd like the carbs to look as good as possible.  I have a spot sandblaster, would it be ok to sandblast the main housing pieces while I have the carbs apart for rebuild?

Second, one of my carbs doesnt seem to match the others.  Three of the carbs (the two primaries and the left secondary) have brass looking tubes sticking up out of them (the tubes on the left front secondary are a little different shape and size then those on the primaries), but the right side secondary doesnt have any little brass tubes sticking up out of it at all.  Other then that the carbs look the same as near as I can tell....   what does this tell me about the carbs and does it need to be replaced with a matching unit?

Any and all advice for my upcoming amateur carb rebuild would also be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe undergoing restification
www.myspace.com/vairnuts