<VV> Brake Line Local & Engine ID

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Mon Sep 10 08:26:36 EDT 2007

Anytime I am replacing brake lines I use a pair of lineman pliers and cut
the tubing as close to the fitting as I can. Then I use a socket wrench to
remove the fitting from the splitter block, wheel cylinder or master
cylinder. Most of these fittings are rusted in place and the socket wrench
with a long ratchet handle will remove them easily if, some one has not
previously rounded off the tubing nut. That is when a large pair of
ViseGrips come in handy. Heat works too but I have set brake fluid on fire
before!
Actually, there isn't much on a Corvair I have not flamed at one time or
another!

Rick "Likes To Play With Fire" Norris
(Also known to run with scissors)