PG Turbos?? Re: <VV> Re: TURBO BENT VANES

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 11 12:43:59 EDT 2007

A GM engineer who worked on the Corvair and addressed the CORSA convention
one year responded as to why it was never offered. He said that they found
that with just two speeds in the Corvair's powerglide, the situation arose
that when the trans shifted, you were running high boost and suddenly also
had low RPM. What happens then is that you tend to blow the heads off the
engine. With a three-speed, they might have gotten away with it, though.

-Mark

And

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/