<VV> Packin' some rods - nice Corvair picture but limited Corvair content

Garth Stapon corvair2 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 11 21:49:50 EDT 2007

Nice shot of an EM - if there is such a thing.

Personally I prefer LM - 4 Doors.

A nice read for the gear head in the crowd.

I did like those Superbees.

I drove in one once with my Dad.

His best friend sold cars.

I was 9.  We drove from Winnipeg to the Whiteshell Provincial Park in my home Province of Manitoba.

The Trans Canada highway is flat and straight on that stretch. (Two bends in the road in 100 miles)

It was late and no other cars were on the road as his friend brought it home after he finished his Friday evening shift. It only had the 383. I do admit egging him on...faster Dad faster. I seem to recall out running those headlight high beams beyond 50 mph. He backed off at 130 mph. - which we reached in about 2 miles.  It was pretty fast for those bias ply tires.

Good thing we did not meet up with an RCMP.

http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/209253

Regards, Garth
Late Power Glide Sedans Rule