<VV> LOADSIDE-- NO GO-- CLUTCH/SHIFT QUESTION

bs upnorth1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 21:29:00 EDT 2007

Last week I asked about the possibility of rebuilding a clutch cable, that was a possible  project for later in the winter

Here's where I am at today...

We reinstalled a rebuilt motor this week. Two weeks ago we put it in, but couldn't get it into gear, laid rubber in  reverse in my garage, wouldn't shift into any other gear.

Pulled the engine and tranny <again>  swapped throwout bearings because we had mixed early and late tranny-diff and clutch plate-flywheel.

Replaced engine today, started up, same problem.  Squealed in Reverse again, but very tough to get into ANY gear, even when motor is not running.

Rechecked clutch connections, seems ok. did the three complete turns out to adjust, etc.  At times there is a lot of free play at the top of the pedal, if I pump the clutch, seems to tighten up a bit, but still doesn't want to shift gears.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Thanks!

Chaplain Bob