<VV> replacent windshield (early model)

Steve Oxford seoxford at att.net
Wed Sep 12 21:34:54 EDT 2007

I've just about given up trying to locate a windshield for my '63.  Does anyone know of a supplier? Absolutely nothing on the net.
Clyde - What "net" are you searching?  There may actually be a couple of sources for that glass, but the sure bet is ProSource - contact them at:

ProSource Glass International
Toll Free:877-345-2800
978-975-5400
Fax: 978-975-5300

The glass is made in Peru, as is lots of "vintage" auto glass today.  You'll have to buy through a distributor.  ProSource can either tell you who might be in your area or just contact a major auto glass supplier like Safelite (www.safelite.com).  Recently, the price quoted was $335 + shipping but rumor has it that the price has gone up.

Pilkington (www.pilkington.com) used to have the windshield available also (likely from the same source in Peru) but I haven't checked with them lately.

Good luck!

Steve Oxford/'63 conv.