<VV> Head milling, Increasing "Squish"

Matt Nall nalllm at verizon.net
Wed Sep 12 21:41:15 EDT 2007

What is done:

the  area between the  "Step"  in "closed chamber" heads [ 95/110, etc.]  is
moved closer to the Piston top...approx. 0.045"  minimum by  removing some
of the  head gasket register..typical for increasing Compression ratio....

THEN  the  heads  "pocket"  is enlarged [ ground out] to get the  Volume
back to original.......now you can run regular..usually...

Mark,  your "dieseling" on shutdown has nothing to do with this process.....
may be due to HOW  your heads were done....they left sharp edges..which
become hotspots....which, like carbon deposits, causes dieseling at
shutdown?

BUT  your idle mixtures may be too lean..your idle speed too high.....your
timing retarded....all the "Normal causes on a normal engine"

Note:  GM  did it!! you could add " idle fuel cutoff solinoids" that STOPS
ALL  fuel when the ignition is turned off...

I've seen it done where the solinoid is used as the Idle Mixture
Needle...just takes solinoids with a shaft that is long enough...and I do
not remember where they got them.

Matt Nall
All Vairs!.
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt