<VV> DID ANYONE SEE AMERICAN HOTROD TONIGHT? no corvair, or very little

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Thu Sep 13 21:55:05 EDT 2007

I didn't see the show, but I have seen this happen right in front of me
a few years ago, while working at a local body/custom shop here in
Wisconsin.
The customer bought a FULLY restored '29 Model T pickup and brought it
in for all the regular hot rod excesses, giant V8, lowering, huge
wheels, tubbing, etc. Some people thought it looked real good when it
was done, As is usual, most of the fully restored original drivetrain
and interior was treated like so much trash, and hauled off.

So, I guess it's not just you.....

As long as there are hot-rodders, you're going to have this sort of
abuse. It just raises the value of the remaining original cars a bit
more!

Mel