<VV> Re: DID ANYONE SEE AMERICAN HOTROD TONIGHT? no corvair, Virtu alVairs Digest, Vol 32, Issue 50

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Sep 14 07:49:09 EDT 2007

Roy said:
>I saw the show and thought the same thing.
>A beautiful very restoreable old car was trashed.
>When you look at what they are actually using from the original car,
>it's crazy to destroy this antique.
>Shame on them.

They do so much fabricating I have often wondered why they compromise
their original and unique designs with a few of the old parts.  Perhaps the
most important part the antique contributes is the pink?

Time changes everything.  As a kid in the 50s I remember how everyone
looked to the great new future.  The future came and in many ways it just
doesn't measure up to expectations. The disappointment has a tendency
to make people yearn for the old times.   Most of the guys that remember
Model T type vehicles as new are no longer with us.  Guys that remember
them as hot rods are still alive and well.  They want their old cars to be like
they remembered them ... jalopies [currently called rat-rods] and hot rods.

They have the money and it is pretty much their turn ;-)  Don't worry about
it.  Pacers, Citations, and Datsun lovers and all will have their day.  Enjoy
life while you have the chance.

Ken Pepke