<VV> Master Cylinder

Bob Gilbert traceya at montrose.net
Mon Sep 17 01:06:54 EDT 2007

My 2 cents.  I was trying to bleed the master cyl on my '61 Rampside years
ago and was getting nowhere. Stopped and read the shop manual. Can't
remember if it said to bench bleed or not, but I already had. With the
master cyl installed, press down slowly and hold for a few seconds. I use at
least 10. Then let up for 10. If the rest of the system has not been oppened
the brake pedal should firm up in a few minutes of work. Be sure to keep the
master cyl full of fluid. I have used this on all standard brake systems for
years and it has always worked for me. When the pedal is firm then I bleed
the whole system until clean fluid comes out.

Guess this is more like a quarters worth.
Bob