<VV> 50,000 miles

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Sep 18 17:24:22 EDT 2007

At 04:09 PM 9/17/2007, J R Read_HML wrote:
>It is fairly common to find that they were "parked" in the 35,000 to
>50,000 range.  My guess is that folks just got tired of oil on the
>driveway at that point.

Probably what happened to my red Lakewood with original paint and 54K
on the clock, sat since 1970 before I acquired it.

That one took a little recommissioning to get it back to life
again.   ;)   I still haven't resealed it, and since it's pretty much
untouched since Tonawanda in '61, its tube seals have long since gone
away and it leaks like a tramp steamer.   ...been pondering yanking
the original engine and putting a 164" engine in it.   The 80hp
original isn't that spirited in the somewhat heavier wagon.   Of
course the original Lakewood engine would be carefully stashed
away...  with only 54k on it, it's a somewhat valuable commodity IMHO.

tony..