<VV> RE: Lookiing for FC wheel rims

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Wed Sep 19 14:29:48 EDT 2007

On the '64 FCs it is the Tie Rod end that rubs on the inside of an incorrect rim.  When I got mine, I didnt notice that the rear wheels were different than the front wheels (all were 14" with 195/70-14 tires) until I put one of the rears on the front, snugged the lugnuts by hand and then went to spin the wheel to be sure the brakes werent rubbing.  I couldnt spin the wheel, it was firmly pressed against the tie rod end.  That wheel had the yellow paint marker note on the inside that said "'70 Oldsmobile".

  Everett Wilson
  North Richland Hills TX

BBRT <chsadek at comcast.net> wrote:
  Craig,

My '64 FC Van is what I was referring to. The tie rod end? or lower ball
joint? hit the edge of the rim. Didn't try the wheels on my '62 FC.

Chuck "FC-less" S