<VV> Loadside Nightmare

Corvkid50 at aol.com Corvkid50 at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 17:33:32 EDT 2007

Help!!!!!!!!!!
I am about at the end of my rope. I'm still trying to figure out  the clutch
problem in this loadside. To refresh it's a late Engine,  flywheel, pressure
plate and throw out bearing. It has a early differential, and  I set it up
according to Clarks book page 108. No washers under the pivot ball.  The problem I
am having is the clutch won't release to get it in gear. I checked  the throw
at the cable down below and with no load it has about 7/8 of an inch  throw.
With a load it about 5/8's of an inch. Is this a sign of a worn clutch  cable?
I've had the engine out 3 times and re checked everything and still no  luck.
When I had it out this last time I looked thru the starter hole and the
throw out bearing is almost on the fingers. I measured the distances and there  is
hardly any clearance. I'm ready to put an early clutch set up in and forget
it but I doubt that will solve the problem. I think the problem is in the
cable?  Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Ron T
Having loadside nightmares