<VV> Loadside Nightmare

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Thu Sep 20 21:52:11 EDT 2007

        Since the assembly is out check and make sure that, when bolted
up, the pressure plate fingers compress but are still bent up slightly.

(Then it just occured to me!)  One of the weakest points in the FC
clutch system is the fact that, with some original design 1961-63
cables, the bracket that bolts the clutch end to the crossmember is
weakly attatched and can slip on the cable housing when the clutch is
depressed, essentially making the cable "longer" then it will not fully
activate. Late 63-65 cables had a stronger bracket on the casing which
eliminated this slipping. Could this be it?    Lon

www.corvairunderground.com