<VV> Loadside Nightmare

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 19:10:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/20/2007 2:43:06 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Corvkid50 at aol.com writes:

I am  about at the end of my rope. I'm still trying to figure out  the clutch

problem in this loadside.

Ron,
May I suggest, that you attach a rod to the end of the clutch release yoke
or find some way to be able to pull on this yoke. Then with the engine off and
the tranny in neutral, climb under and using your feet to brace yourself pull
on  the rod so as to be able to actually release the clutch. Now, you should
be able  to easily feel the 1) amount of free play  between the beginning of
travel and the point where the release bearing contacts the PP fingers. There
should be some free play there. Then, 2) pull on the rod and release  the
clutch. You should be easily able to do this and be able to feel the PP  fingers
move and the PP move away from the disk. It should happen with a sort of
snap. If you can do this and actually feel these movements, then you are half  way
there. The other half is to get the clutch cable to move the yoke by the
same amount as required to do what you just did manually. Maybe your cable is
stretching if it won't do this. Maybe some new holes you might drill will give
your cable movement greater leverage.
regards,
Bob Helt