<VV> RE: Lookiing for FC wheel rims - correction II

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 21 01:02:25 EDT 2007

Hollander's interchange guide reportedly shows that the upper control
arm is the same for 58-62 CHEVY exc taxi, 63-64 CHEVY, 61-65 CORVAIR
[must mean FC], & 63-69 CORVETTE.

Several sources say the '53-'62 Vette used that '49 Chev knee action
king-pin spindle suspension -- I thought there was a change about '56,
but I guess not in anything that counted.

About the above Hollander list, I know a Five Seven looks a lot like an
FC, and I'm pretty sure that on the Vette it was the same from '63-'82
(disc brakes in '65), so maybe one way of putting a sway bar on an FC
might be, as a first step, getting some Vette lower A-arms with the pad
for the sway bar link.

But those early Vettes just seem to befuddle me -- duh ...

Bill S