<VV> re- 1969 quality\1968 quality

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 03:27:28 EDT 2007

                                          B"H

IT's a shame about quality in that era...there were
some great cars that came out of Detroit in the late
Sixties.  But...

The husband of a friend of my mother's,bought a brand
new 1968 Continental Mark III, one of the most
expensive cars you could buy.  No matter how many
times he brought it back to the dealership, they
couldn't fix all the bugs.  Finally, they just took
the car back and gave him a regular Lincoln
Continental instead.

Consumer Reports stated that the car they tested that
holds the record for defects, was a 1969 Dodge
Coronet.  It had something like over 50 flaws from the
factory upon delivery.

At the same time, I heard a story of a fella who was a
taxi driver and his  '67 Chevy cab ran over 350,000
miles and was still going strong after he moved away.

Speaking of high mileage, a fellow at work bought a
'76 Dodge Aspen (known for poor quality control) and
drove the heck out of it, 325,000 miles without the
valve covers ever being removed.

Regards...Bill Hershkowitz '69 Monza Coupe 110 PG