<VV> re- 1969 quality\1968 quality

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Sep 21 08:48:14 EDT 2007

It's not so much the era as the way Corvairs were assembled in '68/'69.
1967 was likely the high point of Corvair assembly quality with 1968
being second worst (1969 being by far the worst). That's too radical a
change to blame on the era in general.

I have worked on and with a lot of Corvairs and I have yet to work on a
'67 that was assembled poorly or a '68/'69 that was assembled well.
Simple stuff like a nice straight line of seam sealer... applied
carefully about 1 inch from the actual seam!

Bill