<VV> elevating your Corvair

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 22 15:15:55 EDT 2007

On a LM car in the garage, I jack on the rocker just behind the door post (2
door) with a piece of wood between the jack cup and the body.  This is a
full size floor jack with a large (4 inch?) cup.  This lifts the entire side
of the car.  If I want the entire car up on stands, I go half way up on one
side then jack the other side all the way up and then go back to the first
side to put it the rest of the way up.  The stands go in the triangular area
near the rear wheel and under the "jacking nubs?" behind the front wheels.

On the road, one of those small ($20.00) floor jacks and generally just one
wheel up at a time using a structural member further under the car.

Later, JR
CCE CORVANANTICS CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)