<VV> converting a 2nd gen corvair to 3.8 buick engine

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sat Sep 22 20:59:56 EDT 2007

Scotty,
    The 3.8 Buick engine is a V6 and fairly recent  vintage.  It was used in
the Turbo Buicks and I have a later version in my  1995 Pontiac Trans Sport
"Dustbuster".  The aluminum V8 was a 3.5 liter  engine (215 cu.in.) used in the
60s in both the Olds and Buick cars before the  engine design was sold to the
British.  In fact the 62-63 turbocharged Olds  Jetfire used this aluminum 3.5
liter V8.
    I remember many years ago when someone showed up at  the Corvair day at
Lime Rock with a LM that had a aluminum 3.5 liter V8 in the  stock location.  I
vaguely remember that he had to notch the frame a  bit to allow it to fit in
the stock Corvair location but it was a clean and neat  installation.
    Frank "good memory for some things" Burkhard

In a message dated 9/22/2007 2:10:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,