<VV> New wheel cylinders early

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Sep 23 09:34:57 EDT 2007

I was putting new wheel cylinders (yes, from one of our vendors) on this
64 sedan, and on the right front the rear shoe would not retract and hit
the upper anchor bolt ( anchors the wheel cylinder in place). I noticed
the shoe rib hit the wheel cylinder before it hit the anchor bolt. So my
"solution" was to remove the shoe and grind a little of the rib away to
clear the new wheel cylinder.

Has anyone else noticed this? I did not notice if the shoe was hitting
the anchor bolt before I dissassembled it. Yes, I reused the new looking
shoes (clean and dry, lots of meat).

Frank DuVal