<VV> RE: Frank Responds Re: dust busted, (some Corvair) ...

Dennis & Debbie PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Mon Sep 24 22:09:13 EDT 2007

Mark, they look like a B&D dust buster, no question about it.  From all indications they are great vans, but who ever penned the lines was sitting at his desk looking at his personal vacuum cleaner.  I know many people who own these vans and they all refer to them as DB vans.  I think you are being way too sensitive about the name.
Dennis> From: airvair at earthlink.net> To: FrankCB at aol.com; ScottyGrover at aol.com; TTuttlelandscape at aol.com> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:43:19 -0400> CC: virtualvairs at corvair.org> Subject: <VV> RE: Frank Responds Re: dust busted, (some Corvair) ...> > Frank,> > I fully realize that, and didn't mean to direct it personally to you. But it's like the Big Lie that keeps being repeated, and repeated, and repeated, until it becomes an accepted "fact". I've said ever since day one that it was a totally false impression, and for the reasons I cited. It was originally meant as a hateful slam against an otherwise good vehicle, and no doubt coined by some idiot who didn't have a clue, let alone good eyesight. But every time I hear someone use that term I try to point out the error of their ways. Not that one person will make much difference in the world. But maybe it'll give at least ONE other person pause to think. Heck, I even had to correct my own mother on it.> > I say HELP STAMP OUT THE "DUSTBUSTER" MISNOMER!> > -Mark (hoping my thoughts on this will spread...)> > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: > To: airvair at earthlink.net;ScottyGrover at aol.com;TTuttlelandscape at aol.com> Cc: virtualvairs at corvair.org> Sent: 9/23/2007 11:55:33 PM > Subject: Frank Responds Re: dust busted, (some Corvair) ...> > > Mark,> The term "Dustbuster" was a common reference to GM's plastic minivans of that era. Just do a Google search on "GM Dustbuster" and you'll find over 100 entries that refer to those GM Minivans as "Dustbusters". One entry even says: "Like GM's other orphans, Corvair, Vega, Fiero, Allante, and Reatta, GM stopped production of the APV just when they were getting it right." > > So I didn't invent the term, Mark. I'm just using what is the generally accepted nickname for them. I'm sorry that you don't like it. But it doesn't detract from the usability and reliability of these excellent vehicles.> Frank "already has glasses" Burkhard