<VV> Oct64 HR Mag 65 Vair Review & V8

PEPRLP at aol.com PEPRLP at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 23:04:15 EDT 2007

A look thru the boxes of past mags and books turned up a jewel I forgot I
had. Does anyone recall the 1964 Hot Rod issue, with the blue 65 Corvair on the
cover? Its a review of the new models, all manufactures.
What I did not recall was an article Immediately after the review titled
"They said it couldn't be done!" (pg38), feturing a 62 Monza(?) with a 63 Corvette
engine stuffed in the rear. Skip Huth, of Huth Engineering, St Paul, MN, is
the man behind the project and featured in some shots with the car.

Obviously, the V8 in the back of the vair is no revelation, just wondering if
anyone wanted to take a trip down memory lane and read. Be glad to mail, or
post if I'm able.

Does anyone know what happened to Mr Huth? The car? Was this pre-Crown? or
related to Crown Manufacturing, by way of St Paul?

BTW, the review article was rather generous in its praise of the new model
corvairs arriving at a showroom near you, but one typo stood out; referring to
the available engines as "air cooled fours".

Having a Vairy good evening, catching up on old Communiques as well,

Phil