<VV> Corvair body protection accessories

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:24:47 EDT 2007

I bought a bra for one of my cars after I already had a bunch of rock chips
on the front. That allowed me to drive the car for another couple years
before the rest of the paint wore out. When I took it off, I noticed that
there are now "rust bubbles" in places that the bra covered. There are no
other rust bubbles elsewhere on the car, and I'm not sure that you would get
them with a factory paint job, but I'll bet you get them under the bra under
almost any secondary paint job.

With that said, I know some guys that put a bra on their street rods when
they are driving to shows without ill effect. They wash the car before the
bra goes on, they take the bra off as soon as they get there. Some of them
use extra wax, some don't bother. I think they have good luck with the bra
mostly because the cars are always clean, and the bra is never on for more
than a couple of hours.

Lonny