<VV> Corvair body protection accessories

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:55:37 EDT 2007

I've got to echo the concerns of everyone else here. Bra's just don't do
what they are supposed to, and usually end up doing more damage than not. A
couple of friends have used the 3M clear film and both are very satisfied
with the results. One friend has a Cobra replica and has it across the front
of the car to protect from rock chips, the other has a Corvette roadster,
and he cut it to fit the area where the hard top contacts the body (prevents
wear to this surface). While they aren't as invisible as 3M would like you
to believe, they are very close. The biggest giveaway is if you wax the car
and then don't go over the edges with a detail brush.

As far as the side rubber goes, I'm with Frank as well. I don't like them on
a late model, it detracts from the lines of the car. I always park as far
from others as I can (unless it's at a show, then you don't have to worry
about getting dents), but I'm still able to make the longer walks from the
nether regions of the parking lot. My wife hates it, but I just remind here
that it's exercise that we both don't get enough of, and she seems OK with
it then. Besides, if your luck is anything like mine, you'll install them
and the first time you park at the shopping center, a guy in his lifted 4x4
will park next to you and his door will hit you above the trim level anyway.

Good luck,

--
George Jones