<VV> Corvair body protection accessories

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Sep 26 07:56:16 EDT 2007

Glad to hear the body repairs are proceeding well.

I am also not a fan of bras. With the new paint technology, just keep it
waxed to help with bug removal when washing. Bras tend to grind dirt
into the finish when they are flapping at highway speeds.

I also do not like the look of side molding, because I am a stock guy.
But, they do protect the side from door dings. I have installed mostly
the type shown in the first two pictures on theis web page:

http://www.customautotrim.com/products/moldings/body_5eights.htm

These are just examples of the trim styles I used in the 80's and 90's.
I have never ordered from this company, I just bought from local body
shop suppliers in my area. Back then it was on the shelf stuff.

I do not like to paint the aftermarket side molding, because the paint
will chip off, leaving ugly marks every time the molding has protected
your car from abuse. Better to get a stock color that compliments your
color. The stock color is all the way through the vinyl, so it never
shows a bad mark when protecting your car.

There is a Red Corsa Convertible in our club that I painted over 15
years ago. The owner wanted side molding. I installed the black color
with chrome edging (like the first picture). It still looks great, and
has protected the car from abuse in parking lots. It is not a daily
driver, the same use you will have.

Now that you have your parts, you can tell us the name amd location of
the yard with the parts Corsa

Frank DuVal