<VV> (no subject)

Chris Mann cfmann at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 15:15:38 EDT 2007

So I found that stamping and it was buried under lots of gook. And since doing so I got a little too crazy cleaning everything under the car.
then it dawned on me, hey, where's all this stuff coming from anyway? So I stopped.
Now this car is new to my garage, and its not really streetable yet either.
There is lots of gook around the transaxle area and not what I would have expected (would have in the engine compartment).
So I trying to figure out where all this leaking is coming from. Is there a seal where the gear shift (this is a 140/4 by the way) that can go bad? Or something else I should pay closer attention too, that might be a typical ailment of a 38 yr old car.?