<VV> 64 Parts/Windshield

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Sep 27 00:48:29 EDT 2007

To remove windshield and not save the rubber, cut the rubber gasket on
the inside at the pinchweld. i.e. cut off the inside portion of the gasket.

To save both rubber and glass, well maybe sometimes...., carefully use a
plastic pry tool like:
http://www.autobodysupplies.com/2_Tools2005.pdf
          page 41 tool #87-6364
to lift the inside edge of the gasket and push this edge to the outside
of the pinchweld.

This tool is also helpful:
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/kdt2037.html
But a cotterpin puller may also work.

Be very careful if removing both rubber and glass. Go slow. Don't pry
with anything sharp or hard.

Frank DuVal

Backlight is removed same way, but is hard to break (tempered). Practice
on that first.