<VV> "The Corvair Decade"

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 29 02:10:22 EDT 2007

Chuck,

I've had some similar thoughts as well.  While we do not (you and I) see
each other often, I consider you and "Ms. Liz" among my friends.  Concerning
Tony, I must have thought that he would live forever (and in a way he will)
because I just never got around to sending him one of my copies of Corvair
Decade for a signature.  He offered to do that more than once.

Back at the time when I had a "heart event", he sent numerous emails and
also snail mail with suggested fitness items, some that I actually used (use
sometimes).  None of that was requested nor expected by me.  It was totally
gratis on his part since that is just the type of guy he was.

We never met face to face, but he will always be remembered by me.  I'll
likely last longer (turning 65 next week) than I otherwise would have.

So, .... my tribute to Tony Fiore and his generous (and obviously
understanding) wife, Rose.

Later, JR