<VV> motor mount

Chris Mann cfmann at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 09:48:05 EDT 2007

the story goes like this:
I am 34, I had a 69 500 cpe in high school (it was my grandfathers) and I had to let it go, I was part of CORSA between 88-93 and bounced around a couple of local chapter meetings here and there.
I resurrected the hobby about a year ago, and basically started shopping minus w/o support form CORSA (big mistake). Fouond this car in Seattle, WA and bought it over the phone essentially and then had it shipped back to WI.
The car from what I can tell, has not been on the road for over 13+ yrs. It was garage kept. Considering how much I paid for it I was aiming at a daily driver with the intent to make it road worthy again (no driving i winter). The long term was to restore (as Mike Mann put it, 'is an expensive hobby) it later after saving for the initial purchase. I had hoped to do things like refresh gas system,  brakes, tires, tune up and then let her fly. The odometer says 126k or so, from what I can tell from the paperwork in the car I think is probably 135-145k. I know thats a little high on the mileage count but the car is very solid. Its has a little skin cancer here and there but its manageable in my opinion.
But now I am getting distracted with all these little and possibly bigger issues at hand and its proven difficult to maintain focus.
So basically No, its not on the road, ....yet? I know better than to but this beast on the road as it is now.

PEPRLP at aol.com wrote:
    Chris, I haven't tore one down for many years, just recently got back into the vair. But my expierence with engines, cars, maintenance, etc, tells me that 1) A known bad M Mount and 2) Excessive blow-by/seapage/leakage of oil are not good combos to continue driving on. Plus you mentioned getting into the exhaust...

 Whats the milage, how long have you been driving under these conditions, and what is your longterm plan for the Car?

 Phil Pender
 66 Corsa vert
 66 Monza Vert