<VV> motor mount

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Sep 29 10:48:04 EDT 2007

   Don't worry, your engine will not fall down as there is an steel bushing between the transverse pressed rod which, when the rubber is shot, supports the thick inner plates where the engine's rear bracket bolts on.
   The rear grille would be touching the lower rear cover of the engine and, eventually mark and cut it but, on the long term.
   My car was running this way, by several thousand miles, before I decided to fix it and the worst known issue was a 2-3 inches cut on the rear cover made by the grill.

   Daniel Monasterio

<<I know my motor mount is shot, but how bad it is I don't know.
If it were to "break" before get a new one, can something like that even happen? Or should I not worry to much.
The rubber in the middle is definitely collapsed and it does not have that slopey top unlike a new one show in Clarks>>