<VV> Gas filler neck

DaveL lynchmob at theriver.com
Sat Sep 29 22:24:41 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawerance Nall" <nalllm at verizon.net>
To: "Virtual Vairs" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: <VV> Gas filler neck

 (As far as I know the EM / LM  situation is the same..)

Not true. Although I have never seen the same area on any other LM besides
my own

 My '62 had no wheel well access to the filler neck hose, so the tank had to
drop. My '67 has an apparently easy access opening to the neck hose(easy for
3yo hands) in the wheel well.

 Last night I spent about 3hrs of quality time and did the job. With the
right tools (I work at a tool store- www.kentstools.com ), long flexible
extension, long screwdriver, long handle thin ratchet wrenches it can be
done. I really don't want to go through that again.

 What really bugged me was just 4 days ago I redid the bushings on the whole
front end, including the sway bar. I could have done the tank at the same
time, but I was already into the job for about 5 hrs and just wanted to
quit. Not a great decision all around, but since it's my daily driver, I
don't have the luxury of going back to it at another time.

 Thanks for all the suggestions. The removable panel sounds the best to me
for future fixes.