<VV> Oils...oils

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Sep 29 12:05:17 EDT 2007

   All previous postings about modern oils (low ZDDP) have worried me, as I try to keep my Corvair engines in good working shape for as long as possible. Didn´t know anything about ZDDP before but, am trying to learn. Found http://www.platinumresearch.com/currentopp_techrobond.shtml that I think could be interesting to somebody.
   In fact, I would like to know which oils (brand & type) could be recomended for Corvairs. No Amsoil or Rotella's in Mexico but Mobil, Castrol, Esso, Quaker, Elf, Havoline. Have been using Mobil 1,  5W-50 for about 5 years but, last change (a month ago) it was labeled SM. Is there something to worry about ? Could be not API certified oils better for vairs ? or... should I get as much oil as possible with SJ or SL labeling ?

   Thanks

    Daniel (stuck in oil) Monasterio